Village by the Capital
Why Amica at Bearbrook is the right location for seniors to call home
Amica at Bearbrook offers all-inclusive living in the unique suburban village of Blackburn Hamlet. Nestled in a quaint community where families have lived for generations, our senior living residence brings you close to parks, shopping and services, and within a short drive of all the amenities of the nation’s capital. With its mix of country charm and city conveniences, eastern Ottawa offers an ideal senior retirement location and a great place to live.
Shops and Services Nearby
- Cross the street to shops and services including groceries, banks, pharmacy, library, restaurants, a salon, health-care providers and other professionals
- Two major shopping centres within a 10-minute drive: Laurent Shopping Centre and Place d’Orléans (which also has a mall walking club)
- The Ottawa Hospital
- Multiple churches
- Bus to downtown Ottawa stops right outside our door
- Easy access to local highways
Things to See and Do In and around Blackburn Hamlet and Ottawa
- Walking paths run beside the residence to a local park and community garden
- The Greenbelt, more than 200 kilometres of protected, ecologically diverse green space
- A school playground and arena, perfect for visiting grandchildren
- Ray Friel Recreation Centre for indoor swimming
- Pine View Golf Course
- Shenkman Arts Centre for concerts, comedy and other performances
- Lac Leamy Casino for fireworks shows
- Beach trips to Petrie Island in Orleans
- 10- to 15-minute drive to downtown Ottawa for live theatre, concerts, galleries, sports and events like the Tulip Festival, Winterlude or the Ottawa International Chamber Music Festival
- Blackburn Hamlet Funfair
> Are you in the neighbourhood?
Come in for a visit and join us for lunch.