Village by the Sea
Why Amica at Douglas House is the right location for seniors to call home
Amica at Douglas House offers all-inclusive living in one of Victoria’s most sought-after communities. A block from the Pacific Ocean, our senior living residence overlooks the famous Beacon Hill Park in James Bay, the oldest residential neighbourhood on Canada’s west coast. Enjoy convenient access to local shops and services in James Bay Village or get just about anywhere in downtown Victoria in a 10-minute drive. With fresh air, lush parks and everything you need within reach, James Bay offers an ideal senior retirement location and a great place to live.
Shops and Services Nearby
- Cook Street Village for local shopping
- Charming shops in James Bay
- Royal Jubilee Hospital, plus nearby clinics and doctors’ offices
- Numerous churches
- A three-minute walk to a bus stop along the main route
- A five-minute drive to the ferry terminal, and about 30 minutes to Victoria International Airport
Things to See and Do In and Around James Bay and Victoria
- The beautiful Pacific Ocean, just an easy block from our front door
- Mile 0, the official start of the Trans-Canada Highway stretching from coast to coast
- Watch the cruise ships at Ogden Point
- Beacon Hill Park walking trails and petting zoo
- A local drive-in restaurant dating back to the 1950s
- Local seniors’ centres in James Bay Village or Cook Street Village
- Live music and theatre at the Royal Theatre in Victoria
- Royal BC Museum
> Are you in the neighbourhood?
Come in for a visit and join us for lunch.