Small Town, Big View
Why Amica at Dundas is the right location for seniors to call home
Imagine living at the foot of a national landmark and around the block from a quaint shopping district — that’s what you get with all-inclusive living at Amica at Dundas. Nestled in the picturesque Dundas Valley, our senior living residence offers stunning views of the Niagara Escarpment, an internationally recognized landform noted for its diverse plants and wildlife. At the same time, the neighbourhood is known for being walkable: our building is virtually in downtown Dundas, where 19th-century buildings and artists’ studios are tucked beside 100+ shops, restaurants, banks and other services. With its natural charm and accessible conveniences, Dundas offers an ideal senior retirement location and a great place to live.
Shops and services situated nearby
You’ll find the following shops and services conveniently located within walking distance of Amica at Dundas:
- See the shops and services of King Street, the main strip in downtown Dundas, from our residence
- Stroll through Rotary Creekside Parkette: we are next door to a green space with walking paths, benches and a gazebo
- Browse the Dundas Farmers’ Market, which runs in a parking lot across the street from our residence every Thursday from June to October
- Find a grocery store, public library and seniors’ centre minutes away
- Head over to a new shopping centre banks, groceries and restaurants within one kilometre
Things to see and do in and around Dundas
At Amica at Dundas, you’ll find a community with everything you need for your retirement:
- Enjoy a well-established art scene thanks to the Dundas Valley School of Art, Carnegie Gallery, artists’ studios and annual Dundas Studio Tour
- Take in live theatre in Dundas or Hamilton, plus excursions to Stratford
- Head to Dundas Driving Park is for picnics or family outings when the grandchildren visit
- Get easy access to specialists and clinics at Hamilton Health Sciences
- Find six churches/temples within a 10-minute drive
- Get the essentials at local plazas plus larger shopping centres nearby in Waterdown and Ancaster
- See trails, waterfalls and parks galore! Take a short drive to Royal Botanical Gardens, see the waterfalls of Hamilton or walk the pathways at Dundas Conservation Area
- Take in special events such as Dundas International Buskerfest, Cactus Festival and holiday horse-and-buggy rides
> Are you in the neighbourhood?
Come in for a visit and join us for lunch.