Enjoying Life by the Gorge
Amica at the Gorge offers all-inclusive living by the water in Gorge-Tillicum, a historic residential community in Saanich. Our senior living residence celebrates its heritage on site of the famous Brookman’s Grocery, and offers serene views of the Gorge conveniently located across the street. With modern amenities, easy access to daily nature walks and proximity to Victoria, Saanich offers an ideal senior retirement location for a healthy lifestyle and a great place to live.
Shops and services nearby
- Shopping at Tillicum Centre or Admirals Walk Shopping Centre for groceries, shops, banks, medical offices, restaurants, coffee shops, a pharmacy, cinema, etc.
- Mayfair Shopping Centre shopping in Victoria
- Restored Brookman’s Grocery heritage building on site as a meeting place for the community and residents
- Victoria General Hospital and Royal Jubilee Hospital
- Bus stop right beside the residence
- Easy access to the Trans-Canada Highway and Craigflower Bridge
- Churches and temples nearby
Things to see and do in and around Saanich and Victoria
- Steps to beautiful waterfront walking trails at Gorge Waterway Park
- R. Pearkes Recreation Centre for fitness, hockey arena and a library
- Silver Threads Service for social, educational and active programs for seniors
- Gorge Vale Golf Club
- Victoria Canoe and Kayak Club to rent boats or watch dragon boat races
- Craigflower Schoolhouse, a National Historic Site and B.C.’s oldest school
- Arts Centre at Cedar Hill for art exhibits, classes and more
- Local fairs, holiday celebrations and annual Canada Day picnic
- Outings to The Butchart Gardens, Beacon Hill Park, Craigdarroch Castle and Fisherman’s Wharf at James Bay
- Elk/Beaver Lake Regional Park for beaches, swimming and walking trails
- Drive 15 to 20 minutes to Victoria for theatres, concerts, museums, Bastion Square, Art Gallery of Greater Victoria and more
> Are you in the neighbourhood?
Come into our Presentation Centre for a visit