Village Within a City
Why Amica at Unionville is the right location for seniors to call home
Take a step back in time at Amica at Unionville: enjoy all-inclusive living around the corner from a charming heritage district. On Main Street Unionville, a village first settled in 1794, you’ll find sophisticated specialty shops and quaint cafes tucked alongside art galleries and historic homes and sites. Plus, get easy access to modern amenities and conveniences in the city of Markham. With its mix of old and new, Unionville offers an ideal senior retirement location and a great place to live.
Shops and services nearby
- Dozens of shops, pubs, restaurants and services on Unionville’s historic Main Street
- Stiver Mill farmers’ market, located in one of Ontario’s last standing grain elevators
- Markville Mall
- Markham Stouffville Hospital, plus a nearby medical mall and pharmacy
- Numerous churches and temples
- Easy access to highways 401, 404 and 407
Things to see and do in and around Unionville
- Walking trails along the Rouge River
- Pathways around Toogood Pond
- Unionville Curling Club
- Markham Pan Am Centre for indoor swimming
- Concerts and musical performances at Flato Markham Theatre
- Markham Museum
- Concerts and movies at the open-air Millennium Bandstand on Main Street
- MacKay Art Centre, located in the former home of Group of Seven member Frederick Horsman Varley
- Varley Art Gallery
> Are you in the neighbourhood?
Come in for a visit and join us for lunch.