Small-Town Atmosphere, City Attractions
Amica at Whitby is tucked into a residential neighbourhood in family-friendly Whitby — a great spot for all-inclusive living. Our senior living community in one of Durham Region’s fastest growing towns offers plenty of shopping and services along with heritage sites and a beautiful harbour. With its rich history, modern amenities and small-town atmosphere, Whitby is an ideal senior retirement location and a great place to live.
Shops and services nearby
- Short walk to groceries, restaurants, banks, a pharmacy and library
- Shopping, dining, walking club and weekly farmers’ market at Oshawa Centre
- Local medical offices, Lakeridge Health, Rouge Valley in Ajax, and Whitby Rehab Hospital
- Various churches
- Local buses stop across the street; GO train services are nearby
- Easy access to highways 401, 407 and 412
Things to see and do in and around Whitby
- Walking trails and playground nearby at Teddington Parkette
- Pool and programs for seniors at Whitby Civic Recreation Complex
- Seniors services at Whitby Seniors’ Activity Centre or Brooklin Community Centre
- Abilities Centre for fitness; watch little ones play at McKinney Centre arena
- Lakeside paths by the Whitby Harbour
- Scenic walks at Heber Down Conservation Area
- Whitby Lawn Bowling Club, Whitby Curling Club or Deer Creek Golf Course
- Heritage sites include Lynde House Museum, Parkwood Estate, and Camp X, a former spy training site during the Second World War
- Ontario Philarmonic concerts at Regent Theatre; live performances at Whitby Courthouse Theatre, Oshawa Little Theatre or General Motors Centre
- Less than one hour to Toronto amenities
> Are you in the neighbourhood?
Come in for a visit and join us for lunch.