Amica Senior Lifestyles (collectively, “Amica”, “us”, “we”) is committed to the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. We will continue to meet the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner by: preventing and removing barriers to accessibility; and meeting accessibility requirements under the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation, enacted under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
The Multi-Year Accessibility Plan – Amica outlines the policies and actions we will implement to provide inclusive and accessible services to all stakeholders.
Amica is committed to ensuring our Offices and Communities work in an accommodating environment and provide accessible services in a timely manner. We will continue to ensure compliance with the Accessible Customer Service Standard.
Amica will provide training to all employees, volunteers and persons who deal with customers and the public on our behalf on the requirements of the Regulation and the Human Rights Code as it pertains to persons with disabilities. In addition, any persons participating in the development and approval of our policies, practices and procedures will also be trained.
Information & Communications
Amica will, upon request, provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities in a timely manner that takes into account the person’s accessibility needs due to disability. This information and communication includes an accessible website. Amica will provide its stakeholders with available emergency procedures in an accessible format, upon request. We will also provide persons with disabilities with individualized emergency response information as required.
Amica will continue to develop and implement employment practices to encourage persons with disabilities to participate fully in all aspects of the organization by:
- identifying and removing workplace barriers;
- inclusive employment processes for recruitment, retention and employee development;
- providing managers with accessibility training, tools and templates to support employee/workplace accommodation and address non-discrimination; and
- continuously reviewing standards and best practices related to accessible employment.
Accessible feedback processes to respond to inquiries and suggestions received are identified below.
20 Queen Street West, Suite 3200
Chief People Officer
Click Here for online feedback.
You may also wish to contact us using the above methods for the following reasons:
- If you are coming to our office or one of our Communities and have special needs or require information about accessibility;
- To request a copy of our Accessibility Policy; and/or
- To request Amica customer/stakeholder communications in an accessible format.