Warmer weather calls for thirst-quenching iced tea drinks, cocktails and mocktails. This refreshing recipe can be topped with Champagne, rum or vodka — or served alcohol-free as a tea mocktail. Rimmed with sugar and garnished with fresh and nutritious strawberries and kiwis, this elegant drink will stand out at socially distanced brunches, showers, birthday parties and other seasonal celebrations.
Kaylea Botting — a third-generation baker, tea aficionado and communications specialist at Amica — developed this recipe for the many tea parties and events that Amica hosts for residents, and to celebrate our partnership with sustainably produced METZ Luxury Tea.
Makes: 10 drinks
- 8 Metz Strawberry Kiwi tea bags
- 4 cups boiling water
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 10 sliced strawberries
- 2 kiwis sliced
- Ice cubes
- 10 ounces of alcohol such as rum, vodka, Champagne or sparkling wine
- Optional: granulated white sugar to rim glasses
- To make the tea concentrate, add 8 Metz Strawberry Kiwi tea bags to freshly boiled water. Steep for about 10 mins. Alternatively, you can try different Metz herbal tea flavours, although th
- Remove tea bags and add sugar, stirring to dissolve. Carefully pour this mixture into a pitcher and set aside to cool.
- Rim the glasses with sugar if you like: Use a slice of the strawberry or kiwi to moisten the edge of each glass, and then dip the rim into a shallow bowl of sugar and twist to evenly coat.
- Divide fruit garnish evenly between glasses.
- Place ice in glasses on top of fruit and then add about 3 ounces of the tea concentrate. (Add the ice at the time of mixing so that the tea concentrate does not get diluted.)
- Add 1 ounce of preferred alcohol and stir. If using Champagne or sparkling wine, simply top up the glasses.