Exciting Changes at Amica Somerset House
Amica Somerset House is undergoing exciting renovations to make Victoria’s only oceanfront retirement residence lighter, brighter and more open. When our upgrades are complete, you’ll be able to sip tea in the bistro overlooking the garden, watch the sunset from our ocean-view dining room and enjoy the outdoors from a year-round sunroom while natural light streams in from a new atrium. Meanwhile, Amica Somerset House remains open throughout the improvements to empower discerning seniors with everything you need, including exceptional amenities, activities, dining, care and connection. Call us today at 250-380-9121 or schedule a tour to learn more about our exciting new enhancements.
Now open: Vibrant new spaces for the amenities you enjoy most
We’ve completely redesigned our lower level to provide more space for the activities and amenities that support your health and well-being. With the new improvements, residents can:
- Book an appointment at the salon
- Enjoy a movie or guest speaker in the theatre
- Join an exercise class in the expanded fitness centre
- Take a swim in the indoor pool
Now open: Fully renovated Ocean-view Dining Room
Enjoy stunning ocean views with great company and meals prepared by Red Seal Chefs in the Savoy Dining Room.
- Airy, spacious dining room with large windows opening to the ocean for sunset dinners
- New three-season glass addition to enjoy the natural setting from the comfort of a climate-controlled space
- Sophisticated lighting, seating and architectural design elements
Opening in 2022: Lighter, brighter spaces
Discover new gathering spaces when we complete the redesign of our beautiful sunroom, main lobby and entrance areas, expected to be completed in early 2022. The upgrades will include:
- A porte cochère at the main entrance with a covered area for visitors
- A warm welcome for you and your family, with an updated reception area featuring an open and inviting concierge desk
- Elegant chandeliers and comfortable seating in the main lobby lounge will make you and your guests feel right at home as soon as you enter the residence
- A second-floor sunroom with walls of glass to provide all-season comfort, opening to an adjoining southwest-facing terrace with stunning views of the Salish Sea
More upgrades are on the way
The final phase of our enhancements will include upgrades to some of our most popular spaces for informal gatherings and organized social events. These updates will include:
- A stunning new atrium will welcome natural light and create an open and airy atmosphere throughout the building
- The fireside lounge with comfortable seating to read, chat or have a drink
- A beautiful bistro with expansive windows overlooking the garden — perfect for enjoying a tea or coffee
- A craft kitchen where you can get creative or join our culinary team for exciting chef demonstrations.
The upgrades enhance our senior living offering in the heart of James Bay on Vancouver Island. Investing in these enhancements allows us to expand the outstanding dining, activities, connection and safety that set Amica apart. The improvements are about creating the best setting possible so you and your family can live with freedom and peace of mind.
Learn more when you schedule a safe, personalized tour. We can’t wait to show you what life is like at Amica Somerset House.