Are you a nurturing and service-oriented person with a passion for empowering seniors, a skill to share and a desire to give back to the community? If so, Amica has volunteer work opportunities at Canada’s best retirement residences in Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario for people like you. (See a complete list of residences here.)
We would love to hear about the experience and talents you can bring to our residents and team members, plus share how we can help you build skills and a sense of purpose at Amica.
Types of volunteer work at Amica
We are a company driven by compassion, teamwork and trust, helping Canadians age with optimism and a wide variety of engaging experiences. Amica volunteers help make those happen, including:
- Entertainers who perform for Amica residents
- Friendly visitors who connect with seniors in one-on-one conversations
- Organizers who plan or participate in residence programs, social events and activities
- Helpers who accompany residents on excursions to community events and attractions
Who can apply?
We are looking for supportive and kind individuals who love working with seniors, including:
- College or university students looking for a placement or co-op term
- Seniors who want to volunteer in their community
- New Canadians
- Skilled specialists or artists, such as musicians, poets, painters, performers, athletes, etc.
- Individuals who plan to pursue a career working with seniors
COVID-19 safety measures
At Amica, the health and well-being of our residents, families, team members and volunteers are our top priority. (Find out how we have been taking safety measures since early 2020 to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission.) At this time, some volunteer work is done virtually. For the health and safety of all, those who volunteer inside a residence must be tested for COVID-19 in alignment with our team member testing and agree to work at that location only. (As long as COVID-19 protocols are in place, volunteers cannot work at multiple Amica residences or at other retirement, long-term care or health care facilities.)