The essential guide to senior living in British Columbia
Get clarity on the different retirement living options
Whether you’re an active senior who likes to stay busy or someone who wants quiet companionship as well as day-to-day assistance, our senior living guide helps you make sense of what’s available. In this guide, you’ll discover:
- What differentiates private-pay retirement residences from provincially funded nursing homes in British Columbia
- How to select the right senior care options for you, from Independent Living, Registered Assisted Living and Residential/Long-Term Care to Memory Care
- When it’s time to move on from at-home care and embrace the advantages of senior living, including enriching activities and peace of mind for the whole family
- The top reasons why seniors choose retirement living, such as making new friends, enjoying entertainment and excursions and gaining access to 24/7 nursing care.
Assess the homes and senior living residences near you
What is your long-term retirement living vision? It pays to take the time to tour residences in your preferred neighbourhoods to find one that feels right. But first, read this primer on BC senior living, which includes:
- Key senior living questions to ask at each residence. For example, which safety protocols are in place, and can set your own schedule and dining options each day?
- A handy checklist that lets you compare living and residence costs as you research different retirement residences in British Columbia
- Guidance from a financial authority about what you’re really spending each month at home now, and how to afford a good retirement living residence
- Important considerations about the quality and spectrum of senior care available under one roof, so you don’t have to move if your needs change
Consider the distinctions between basic and premium senior living
A chef-prepared breakfast in your private suite, followed by an art workshop and a visit to the spa – this kind of day is available for those who want a premium retirement living experience, on their terms. If that sounds appealing, download our senior living guide by filling in the form today for advice on:
- Surveying the suites, services and amenities at public nursing homes versus those in private senior living residences
- Looking for personalized care and the freedom to choose your daily activities, outings, workshops and meals
- Learning from real Canadian seniors, who savour the independence, well-being and security they’ve found at private-pay retirement residences.
Order the guide today and find out why so many seniors say they wish they’d made the switch to senior living even sooner. With an inspiring lifestyle and around-the-clock care, retirement living allows families to get back to spending time with loved ones, instead of doubling as caregivers.
It’s a big decision. Make it an informed one with our BC senior living guide.