Life by the Sea in Victoria
Amica at Somerset House offers all-inclusive living on the ocean in the charming, established Victoria neighbourhood of James Bay. Our senior living residence sits across the street from waterfront trails and is within walking distance of essential shops and services, Holland Point Park and Beacon Hill Park. With ocean views, green spaces, proximity to local shopping and Victoria amenities within a five- to 10-minute drive, James Bay offers an ideal senior retirement location for a healthy lifestyle and a great place to live.
Shops and services nearby
- Groceries, banks, restaurants, cafes, medical offices, pharmacies, a post office, bookstore and more within walking distance
- Charming shopping districts in James Bay Village and Cook Street Village
- The Bay Centre in downtown Victoria for shopping
- Farmers’ markets
- Royal Jubilee Hospital
- Local bus stops two blocks away
- Numerous churches nearby
- Easy access to Dallas Road and Douglas Street
Things to see and do in and around Victoria
- Walking trails across the street at Holland Point Park
- Beacon Hill Park for walking trails, lawn bowling and a petting zoo
- Ogden Point to watch the cruise ships arrive and depart
- Seniors’ centres in James Bay Village and Cook Street Village
- Canadian Pacific Lawn Bowling Club and Victoria Lawn Bowling Club
- Fisherman’s Wharf for waterfront restaurants and family visits to feed the seals
- Royal BC Museum near the Legislative Assembly of BC
- Victoria Symphony
- Belfry Theatre, McPherson Playhouse and Royal Theatre for live entertainment
- Inner Harbour for annual events and festivals including Symphony Splash
> Are you in the neighbourhood?
Come in for a visit and join us for lunch.